What Makes a Great Video?
1. Introduce yourself / team (name, age, where you are from and what you do for a living) describe your personality. What do friends say about you?
2. If Single: talk about your dating life, why are you single? If a Team: talk about your relationship, what are you hoping changes by doing the Amazing Race?
3. Talk about THE AMAZING RACE! Why would you be good at racing around the world? What skills do you have that you have seen on the show that would make you a possbile part of a winning team (SPORTS, ATHLETE...etc)
4. If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you're from, how it's part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on the Race. If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you on the Race.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, this will cause silhouetting.
- When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, this will also cause silhouetting.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.
- If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and when it’s windy. The wind will distort the microphone.
- Your video will be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV. Please shoot horizontal and not portrait (vertical) style.
Size and Format
Please ensure your video is less than 30MB and in one of the following file formats : mpg, mpeg, flv, avi,
mp4, mov, 3gp, wmv, mv4.